technology, p2p, life, and other ponderings...

Friday, November 24, 2006

Free 'Click-to-Call' Feature Now Found on Google Maps · MarketingVOX

Click-to-Call from Google
Wow...I gotta say this is very genius of google. I don't know exactly how it works...but I was looking for eye care near 32927 and was able to get Port St. John Eye Care to call directly to my house.

The caller ID showed their number, and when the receptionist answered the phone it was just as if I called them, BUT...they must have called ME since my caller ID showed their number...right :P Lol.

Sure, it might be helpful, but a slashdot post reported something malicious with this...since it merely asks for you to enter a phone number, there's nothing stopping you from using it to do prank calls...

No comments:

Blog Archive