technology, p2p, life, and other ponderings...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Official Google Blog: Some homepage revisions

Official Google Blog: Some homepage revisions - overall, I like the idea..but I don't like how the search types (News, Video, Images) has been "split"...

Now, the competitors have links to their other "services" across the top navbar, I wouldn't group Images, Web, News, Video, etc. in with "services"...those are merely alternative search areas.

But I'll go on a whim and make a suggestion...I like the new "Universal search" Google is attempting...why not just make the "default" search for "Web" and remove the Video, News, Images, etc search links from the Google Homepage as a whole...because the users will get their content either way on the other end (at the results page). OR, put the tabs/options for News, Images, Video, etc. on the results page, to sort the results between Video,News, Images, etc...but the whole deal with moving Web, Images, Video to the upper-right corner just doesn't "fit" currently..."Products" (or services, I should say) are being grouped with other elements within the "Search" service.

No comments:

Blog Archive